Parts Return Policy
Delivery & Inspection Process
At the time of delivery we require that all parts delivered to your facility are inspected by your shipper/receiver for accuracy and damage. We will then require a signature on our delivery log confirming receipt, accuracy, and condition of your order.
It is your responsibility as a client to ensure the accuracy of the parts requested upon delivery, this needs to be done via our invoice.
If damages are noted at time of delivery, please inform our delivery personnel and contact our Parts Manager Randy Ritchot immediately with your estimate of damages or replacement requirements. This is a required step at time of delivery.
- If part is repairable and charges are within reason a P/O will be issued for confirmation of repair. This process requires approval by our Parts Manager. Please forward the repair invoice via fax, 204-831-4299 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A cheque will be then issued for the repair
- No credits will be issued on a parts invoice
- If a part is damaged beyond repair, we require its return within 2 business days or immediately with our delivery personnel at time of original delivery.
- Returns beyond 2 days in this scenario will not be accepted
- Any damaged part return requests are required to be done in writing via fax or e-mail for the necessity of a time and date stamp.
By signing our delivery log upon receiving your order without inspecting the parts order will waive your right of return for any missing or damaged parts supplied after our delivery personnel has departed your facility. Please be sure to take the time for this crucial step.
The following policies apply to all purchases from Birchwood BMW/MINI:
- All returned parts are subject to inspection
- All parts returned are required to be cleaned, and in the condition they were delivered
- Any parts returned with damage will be non-returnable
- All parts under $15.00 in value will be non-returnable
- All parts returned after 30 days will be assessed a 20% re-stocking charge
- All parts returned after 60 days will be assessed a 40% re-stocking charge
- No parts will be eligible for return after 90 days
- Any orders returned due to customer no-show or MPI write-off will be assessed a 40% re-stocking charge
- Any parts returned dirty and or with damaged packaging will be assessed a 20% re-stocking charge.
- Any parts returned without proper packaging and or with missing BMW Group labelling will be non-returnable
- Any parts that have been installed will be non-returnable
- Any parts that have been painted regardless if they were supplied incorrectly will be non-returnable. (please see our parts inspection process on page 1 of this policy)
- All packaged quantity parts will be non-returnable
- Any 3M type stone tape will be non-returnable
- Be sure that all airbags and modules, seatbelt pre-tensioners and major electronic components are ordered correctly as they will be non-returnable, regardless of error
- Any cores returned after 30 days will be non-returnable
- Any VIN specific parts such as keys and modules will be non-returnable
- MPI line discounted bumper covers will be ineligible for repair and are non-returnable
- All parts shipped out of Winnipeg will be shipped collect, and any returns will be shipped back pre-paid. Any damages incurred during shipping in this scenario will not be the responsibility of Birchwood BMW/MINI
If you have any questions in regards to this return policy, please feel free to contact me directly by phone at 204-831-4873, or by e-mail email@example.com
Thank you for your understanding and compliance with these policies.